
Me receiving a nice little bonus from Mary Garland and US Senator John Barrasso
I accomplished a professional goal recently. I certified as a National Board Certified Teacher - class of 2010. Besides getting my master's degree, the other thing on my professional bucket list was to accomplish this goal. I worked on it all last year and found out in November that I certified! In late January the Ellbogen Foundation sponsored a dinner in Cheyenne to honor the 60 educators from Wyoming who certified this year in an "Evening of Celebration." Our keynote speaker was Governor Mike Mead. We also heard from Senator Barrasso, State Superintendent Hill, and Mary Ellbogen Garland - whose foundation provided both training and financial support throughout the year. They made us feel very honored, and that teaching is the most important job in the world! I felt like "Woman of the Year" if only for a night! What a fun evening, and Marvin got to go too so we had a great weekend together!
Me, Janice Barnes, and Candice Rollins - the two other teachers from my district who certified this year
5 comments:
You are the bucket list queen. You do everything you set you mind to and get it done right. You are an awesome teacher. I had the honor of working with you for years. The kids that get you for a teacher have no idea how lucky they are.
I am so proud of you!! Way to go:) What's next on the list?
congratulations, that is quite the accomplishment!
GREAT JOB! We are so proud of you!
Beth - looks like Hawaii may be next on the list! Only fun stuff on the list from here on...:)
Post a Comment