Saturday, December 4, 2010

Miracles


I witnessed a miracle on Tuesday. Karter Christopher Roitz came down to earth at 5:01 p.m. on November 30. He weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz. and was 19 inches long. We love him very much already. I was able to be at his birth, along with his mom and dad, Brittany, and Kaylee. It's hard to describe the feeling of watching a new little spirit come into the world, but I can tell you there is nothing like it! Beth was amazing as usual, and Karter was just so happy to finally meet his family. Happy Birthday Karter!

The night before Karter was born Marvin and I went up to spend the night at Beth and Shane's so I could help with Kaylee at the hospital and be there for his birth, and so Marvin could take care of Kolten and Kolby the next day. On the way to their house, we saw a shooting star. We looked at each other and said, "Did you see that?" - and I made a wish of course and it came true! Karter was born healthy and handsome! He is so lucky to have Beth and Shane as his parents. Now every time I see a shooting star I will think about him!


Beth and Shane had a busy week - all that went on with Karter's birth, Kolten and Kaylee had their school Christmas programs. That did a great job and we enjoyed watching them perform!





3 comments:

Shane and Beth said...

I didn't know about the shooting star! Thanks for all of your help this week! I am so glad that we are so close and can share such special times with each other:)

allison said...

That is so special that you were able to be there! Karter looks beautiful, congrats!

Celinda said...

Marsha, Thank you for commenting on my Dad's death. Loving friends are a blessing. My mom is not great;we hope time will help.
Congratulations on your new little grandson. What a beautiful family! I don't think I will ever see a shooting star again without thinking of you.