Thursday, June 3, 2010

Insomniac

It is the night before the last day of school and I can't stop thinking; I tried to go to sleep but no luck. Looked on facebook but nobody up to chat with. Marvo is snoring away. So I'm thinking about school and summer. My last day with students was today. I had such a cute bunch of kids this year, and four of them I had for two years. I will really miss them.

I have tons to do before I can check out of school tomorrow.Then I am thinking about what my schedule looks like next year and how I am really going to have to change things up to accomodate the four day week. And a bit more baggage about the schedule I won't go into at the moment. I need to let that one go til August. I need to get plane reservations for Boone's open house in Washington, which gets me thinking about his open house here that I'm not ready for. The plane tickets make me think about how I'm flying to San Antonio next week for a conference and how I don't love to fly. Well, the flying is OK...it's the being trapped on the plane with no exit while in the air that I don't love.

On a positive note, the wedding makes me think about my family coming, and about Boone and Megan, and about my reunion at Steamboat in July (no plane necessary!) and how my kitchen renovation that's been going on since March might be done by then. OK, I'm even boring myself now so maybe, just maybe....I can finally go to sleep.....but then there's the dreaming.....

No comments: